The aim of the course is to help you:
- Select objectives from the Curriculum Framework for your subject and work out in what order they should be taught.
- Choose those objectives which require revisiting and consolidating.
- Write long term, medium term and short term plans which provide overall balance and progression.
- Plan lessons with clear learning objectives.
- Build in key teaching, learning and assessment features, including a spiral and linear approach.
- Evaluate planning, so that subsequent amendments can be made.
- To consider the different purposes of the assessments you do;
- To give you an understanding of some principles of Assessment for Learning (AfL);
- To enable you to evaluate the practical uses of AfL within your own classroom;
- To allow you to discuss your own professional development and share challenges with CIE colleagues worldwide.